FTE: 1 fte
The board of Management of the Golden Rock School invites applications from suitably qualified Catholic Educators to fill the position of Principal, Effective August 1st, 2020.
The school principal is the leader of the school. Join our staff as the school principal and lead a team of dedicated teachers and support staff in providing the best educational experience for our students. You will guide teachers in creating a safe and conducive environment for learning and conduct periodic evaluations to identify areas of improvement and reinforce the mission of the school.
As a very vital person in the school’s discipline, you will also exercise your conflict management skills.
About the school;
The school’s mission is to provide Education for the holistic development of children residing on St. Eustatius. This is achieved in a learning environment designed to foster the physical, social, intellectual, and moral development of each individual child
· Provides effective leadership and guidance to the Golden Rock School and ensures quality leadership quality management of all aspects of the school
· Evaluate teachers and other staff members to ensure that the curriculum is adhered to and identify areas of improvement.
· Create benchmarks for students and teachers and track progress towards those goals.
· Develop programs that improve teacher performance and assist students in better understanding class material.
· Maintain good student discipline through the implementation of a behavior code of conduct.
· Respond immediately to concerns from parents, school board, ministry of Education and school Inspectorate
· Provide guidance and Create strategies for high standards of Teachers and students’ performance. Assess and evaluate staff and teachers’ performance.
· Leads the year financial management cycle of planning, budgeting, administering and reporting in accordance with the school’s financial rules and regulations.
· Skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions
· Excellent at written and oral communication skills as well as presentations in English and the Dutch Language
· Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
· Ability to set standards of performance, coordinate and evaluate the activities of all personnel.
· Demonstrates success in the formulation and carrying out of policies and programs
· Establishes and maintains an effective learning climate in the school
· An Accredited Teachers Diploma from a Teachers’ Training College or University
· An earned Masters degree from an accredited institution of higher Education
· A minimum of ten years teaching and/or administrative experience at the elementary level.
· Excellent at written and oral communication skills as well as presentations in English and Dutch Language
· Managerial knowledge and experience
All applicants must submit for review the following:
Formal application letter
Complete curriculum Vitae
Certified Copies of Diploma’s
Names and Contact information of two (2) references
All completed applications must be submitted on:
June 30th, 2020
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and benefits shall be based on the “Arbeidsvoorwaardenovereenkomst Onderwijspersoneel St Eustatius” (labor terms of agreement for education personnel).
Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the School Board.
Over deze werkgever
De Golden Rock school is de oudste leerinstelling van het primair onderwijs op St. Eustatius.
De school is gelegen op een rustige plek met uitzicht op de Atlantische Oceaan. Het heeft een leerlingenpopulatie van ongeveer 91 leerlingen. De Leerlingen hebben een multiculturele achtergrond. Op school wordt naast het Nederlands, voornamelijk het Statiaans Engels gesproken. Vorig schooljaar is de Golden Rock samen met andere scholen van het primair onderwijs overgestapt van het Nederlands onderwijssysteem naar het Engels systeem, met de Engelse taal als instructietaal. Het Nederlands wordt als moderne vreemde taal onderwezen. De school beschikt over een personeelsbestand van tien man. Van elke personeelslid wordt verwacht dat ze de visie en de missie van de school naleven in hun omgang met de leerlingen en het personeel.
/ The Golden Rock School is the oldest teaching institution of primary education on St. Eustatius. The school is situated in a quiet spot overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. It has a student population of about 91 students. Pupils have a multicultural background. At school, in addition to Dutch, Statia English is mainly spoken. Last school year, the Golden Rock School along with other schools of primary education switched from Dutch to English education system, English as the language of instruction. Dutch is taught as a foreign language. The school has a staff of ten employees. Each employee is expected to comply with the vision and mission of the school in their dealings with students and staff.