VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers. In response to COVID-19 impact on wellbeing and mental health of learners, care givers and educators, VSO is supporting government partners to develop and deliver mental health, psychosocial and social wellbeing programmes through radio and other multimedia platforms. Join our team of e-volunteers today and help us respond creatively to this crisis.
In this role you will work with VSO’s Education Lead in delivering education services in crisis, in particular in providing remote technical support to VSO’s country office staff members and volunteers by bringing in evidence and reflection in designing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of inclusive education interventions in emergencies. You will be working with a small team of other e- volunteer education experts and the education lead, education research and evaluation experts to respond to the current global crisis in education. You will support our team to design and deliver remote psychosocial support and emotional well being in crisis. You will be promoting social inclusion and gender, child protection and safeguarding, social accountability and resilient education systems to deliver inclusive education services to children affected by crises.
Improve Quality Programme Design and Innovation
Improve Programme Quality:
Innovation and Knowledge Sharing:
Skills, qualifications and experience
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by collaboratively. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
Knowledge and Experience
• Degree in a related field with significant experience of working in a range of complex and emergency contexts (e.g. refugee, conflict).
• Significant experience in planning, designing, and implementation of integrated education in emergency programmes and needs assessments.
• Experience in providing technical support and oversights to Education in Emergencies Programmes.
• Experience in developing education in emergency programmes with particular attention to child protection, safeguarding, do no harm and inclusion.
• Oral and written fluency in English, with ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences.
• Able to commit 40 hours/ a month to work remotely to support VSO’s EiE programmes.
• Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working with colleagues from multicultural working environment.
• Practical experience of working in education in emergencies.
This is a volunteer postion for 4-6 hours a week, for 3 months.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Over deze werkgever
VSO is een internationale ontwikkelingsorganisatie die door duurzame kennisuitwisseling werkt aan een rechtvaardiger wereld zonder armoede. Op aanvraag van lokale organisaties in Afrika en Azië zenden wij vakdeskundigen uit die hun kennis en ervaring daar delen. Lokale organisaties kunnen daardoor hun werk effectiever doen. VSO heeft per jaar 200 onderwijsvacatures dus bezoek de VSO website en kijk hoe een onderwijsfunctie in een ontwikkelingsland er voor jou uit kan zien.