Special Needs Education Specialists in Asia and Africa
Location: several regions in Africa and Asia | Duration: 12-24 months | Startdate: Negotiable
VSO is looking for Special Needs Education Specialists. We offer several placements for the duration of at least 12 months.
Supporting local disability organisations, the special needs education specialist will coach and train staff in appropriate and effective care and education of children with special needs, including learner-centred methods, needs assessment and learner-aid development. You’ll model best practice in group and 1:1 learner environments. Plus provide coaching to the Project Coordinator in project management and monitoring & evaluation. The overall purpose of this role is to have children with disabilities properly accessed and so as to get them to receive the right interventions and attention leading to improved services and realization of their basic human rights.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• A relevant first degree with experience in identifying/assessing children with disabilities (hearing, sight, behaviour, dyslexia, communication, general learning, mobility, etc)
• Extensive professional experience working with children with special needs and their families and carers
• Able to design and deliver tailored programme of training, coaching and support based on assessment of skills gaps and training needs
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation of services with a particular focus on the impact services are having on children
• Able to design and maintain M&E processes and produce reports
• Self-motivated and well-organised
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the confidence to create positive relationships in diverse working environments
• Ability to explain complex issues clearly both verbally and in writing
• Fluent English-speaker
• At least 2-4 years’ experience conducting screening for disabilities – Experience coaching and training others in screening of disabilities
• Report writing skills
• Proven experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals and organisations at all levels
• Experience working and leading teams
Please note that this is a generic advert. You can complete a general application form now so we have your details. As soon as a job becomes available, we’ll contact you directly..
VSO countries offering Educational programs are Nigeria,Ethiopia,Rwanda,Cambodia,Tanzania,Myanmar, Papua New Guinea,Ghana,Malawi,Uganda,Mozambique,Nepal,India, and Kenya
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Please feel free to contact Hans Voerman 030- 232 06 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org send him your application.
Over deze werkgever
VSO is een internationale ontwikkelingsorganisatie die door duurzame kennisuitwisseling werkt aan een rechtvaardiger wereld zonder armoede. Op aanvraag van lokale organisaties in Afrika en Azië zenden wij vakdeskundigen uit die hun kennis en ervaring daar delen. Lokale organisaties kunnen daardoor hun werk effectiever doen. VSO heeft per jaar 200 onderwijsvacatures dus bezoek de VSO website en kijk hoe een onderwijsfunctie in een ontwikkelingsland er voor jou uit kan zien.
DIT IS WIJS Utrecht zoekt een Ben jij die enthousiaste groepsleerkracht waar deze groep 7 van een sbo school in...Solliciteer
8e Montessorischool Zeeburg zoekt een Leerkracht voor extra ondersteuning in alle groepen met ingang van per direct in Amsterdam....Solliciteer